05 March 2009

U2.....wow

U2 is a great band. I've been a fairly big U2 fan for quite awhile..I have some fond memories of U2. 1) Entourage when Ari gets the gang tickets to see U2 and Bono gives a shout out to Johnny Drama during City of Blinding Lights. 2) Waking up at 730 am in KC in Weber's house. Kowal and I cranked up the U2 and danced around acting like soccer fans from Europe. Yep, we might have still been intoxicated. 3)St. Patrick's Day in New York City in 2007. Drinking "kool-aid" heavily all day with Sturgis, Lisa, Haley and some others. St. Patrick's Day actually has its US roots in NYC and the day was absolutely unreal....wow.


This past Tuesday U2 released a new album- No Line on the Horizon. First thing Tuesday morning I clicked over to iTunes and gave them a little bit of my last pay check- but hey I just got my year end bonus- so its all good!

Anyway, the album is a pretty solid pick up. However, U2 puts out very little in terms of low quality work. The album runs the gammit for types of music that U2 puts out. "Get On Your Boots" was the first release from the album and it was a good one. It is a little more up and edgy. Currently, I would say that "Magnificent" is my current number 1 play from the album for me. The song has more of a lighter feel to it with an easy and welcoming introduction. The next would be if, "I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy." Bono puts out great lyrics and has a great voice.

Overall, the album is a great and I'd suggest picking it up. U2 is a true Supergroup. In my opinion there are very, if any, bands that can touch their global presence or awareness as they do. I can't wait to try to see them on their next North American tour. Better yet, head over to Ireland and see them there!

Speaking of Ireland- who is ready for St. Patrick's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment