01 March 2009

13. miles

On Friday night I ventured over the Ft Worth to run the Cowtown (www.cowtown.org). My choice of distance this weekend was 13.1 miles or the half mile. I Pricelined a little hotel, got settled in, had a heavy carb meal and then shut the 'ol eyelids. Anyway a few notes about my experience:

Friday night: At the hotel, the Courtyard by Marriott, I was getting my computer out to look at a few things. I saw the little DSL box and was curious on where the cable was. I looked all over the desk and could not find it. I saw screw it and went out to get my meal and decide on the way back I'd ask the clerk. Well, yep, I asked. And here is what she said, "Oh, its hanging up in your closet hanging up. Did you not look there?" WTF lady!?! Who hanges up a freaking internet cable on a hanger in the closet? Are you serious. Wow...

Saturday Pre Race: I didn't eat any breakfast. Real smart joel....real smart. As for the weather, it was chilly. A little under 40 degrees with winds gusting up to 20 miles an hr at the 730 start time. And I never run in layers. However, I had to run in pants and a long sleeve. Not comfortable at all...damnit!

Saturday Race: Good race, finished right at about 2hrs. I haven't been training that hard at all and actually did not run at all the week before and got a little drunk 2 days before the race. And I haven't ran over 7 miles in awhile. But hell, whats 13.1 miles? Fuck it, I'm golden! Anyway, I started off good and kept up a good pace. My iPod helps me keep moving. Also, the thing about running with other people is that there are tons of other people to help you keep moving and entertained. I also think back to when I track my freshmen yr of HS and. I would start off rather slow but then slowly pick off runners one by one as I picked up my pace. The first 7 miles were pretty good, then 7-10 was rough oh well. And then at times I got confused when I saw the mile signs...I would say to myself.."Does this mean I have completed that many or am starting that mile..?" damn, maybe I should have trained better and had some breakfast..

Entertaining items:
A couple people dressed up as Cows and banannas!
A team with shirts that said, "Road hard and put away sweaty." Yep, they were classy...
70 yr old men flying past me...wtf? I think that A-Rod has been giving them supplements instead of Bob Dole....
A chic in the pre race tent with 30 packtes of Gu attached to her belt. All I thought was the scene from Big Daddy when the little kid says to Adam Sandler, "30 packets of ketchup." Well, this chic had 30 packets of fucking Gu! Really chic? And for some reason I don't think she finished 1st...
Ultra marathoners: These people are just crazy!


So yep, overall it was a good time. Next stop is a full in Seattle in June.

http://www.rnrseattle.com/

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Joel!!! I should have added to my advice: Make sure you eat breakfast.

    You're crazy. You should come to KC for the Hospital Hill half marathon. June 6th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first half! Might want to eat before the full marathon...just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cách gâm bi an toàn cho dương vật như thế nào http://phongkhamnamkhoaaua.net/details/cach-gam-bi-an-toan-cho-duong-vat.html

    Gắn bi vào của quý tại tphcm ở đâu tốt nhất xem tại đây nhanh http://phongkhamphukhoaaua.net/details/gan-bi-vao-cua-quy-o-dau-tai-tphcm-dac-nong-pleiku-gia-lai-dac-lac.html

    Rước hoa vào thân vi tự gắn bị sat vào của quy như thế nào xem rõ tại đây http://phongkhamnamkhoaaua.net/details/ruoc-hoa-vao-than-vi-tu-gan-bi-sat-vao-cua-quy.html Phòng khám đa khoa âu á

    Gắn bi vào trym là gì tại tphcm gắn bi ở đâu là tốt nhất xem tham khảo tại đây http://phongkhamnamkhoaaua.net/details/gan-bi-vao-trym-la-gi-o-tphcm-di-gan-bi-vao-chim-o-dau-tot-nhat.html Gắn bi vào trym để làm gì ?
    http://dakhoaaua.vn/nguoi-bi-benh-bach-bien-kieng-an-gi-1679.html

    Những thông tin hay về các bệnh đa khoa có tại https://dakhoa-tphcm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete